Mechanical Design Engineer – Contract – Dallas, TX
We are searching for a talented mechanical engineer to join our growing consulting team. We specialize in contract design services. This is a position that requires a dynamic, thoughtful, goal oriented designer. As an ME, you will be constantly challenged to assume new projects and make cutting edge designs. There will always be a need to raise your hand and insert your point of view. Your knowledge is what we seek – Your participation is priceless to us. Please see the job description below. If you feel you would fit into this role then we would love to speak with you!
Mechanical design engineer will work in the integrated robotic automation industry. The position requires working knowledge of conveyance, integrated sensors, robotic end effector design, material handling, etc.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with mechanical, electrical, controls and robotics team to develop automated systems
- Create solid models using SolidWorks as well as detailed drawings and BOM’s for manufacturing
- Collaborate with manufacturing during the design cycle to optimize design for assembly
- Must be hands on and willing to assemble prototypes as needed
- Work closely with sales and engineering management to optimize designs based on customer needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced R&D environment and interact with systems engineers
- Must be willing to commute to site daily
EXPERIENCE AND QUALICATIONS:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, an MS in Mechanical Engineering is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years in steel fabrication, sheet metal, machined part, plastic part design and fabrication
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience involving the use of mechanical engineering principles and practices, as well as knowledge of typical manufacturing processes.
- Proficiency in solid modeling software and data management – SolidWorks
- Must be willing to take and pass company sponsored SolidWorks Professional Certification
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
- Basic understanding of PLC’s and sensor integration
- Working knowledge of cabling and power needs for electro-mechanical systems
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org